Reservoir Geophysicist at Total Nigeria Plc
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reservoir Geophysicist
Offer ID: 12639BR
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Regular position
- Successful candidate will work in integrated project teams comprising of geoscientists, reservoir engineers, drillers, economists and other relevant professionals, providing geophysical inputs to exploration, field development and production studies.
- The job scope will consist of collation, quality control and analysis of geophysical data, integrating available wells, geological and engineering data to provide reliable assessment and representation of the subsurface structures and reservoirs.
- Applicants are expected to be conversant with contemporary tools and techniques of Seismic interpretation, seismic reservoir characterization, geostatistics and uncertainties analysis.
Activities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Quality Control of geophysical input data used for reservoir studies
- Interpretation of geophysical data within the context of exploration and field development studies
- Contribution to the building of geological reservoir models with reservoir geologists, engineers and other specialists
- Clear representation and communication of the uncertainties associated with interpretation results and the underlying data
- Participation in field evaluation for new ventures during data rooms
- Participation in seismic data acquisition feasibility designs and processing workflows to support the operations
- Proposal of new processing, inversions, seismic acquisitions…..when necessary
- Ensuring the continuity of information through reporting and archiving.
- Preparation and promotion of geophysical work program
- Participation in well preparation processes and the follow up of drilling activities
- Sharing of geophysical know-how among geoscientists through seminars, workshops, etc.
- Rigor and creativity
- Excellent team player.
- Respect of studies planning and budget.
- Good attention to cost optimization
- Health, Safety, Security and Environment Consciousness.
- Professional education in Geophysics (M.Sc or Ph.D)
- Experience in interpretation (number of years): 4-7 years in seismic interpretation.
- Knowledge in the following areas will be considered an added advantage:
- Upstream geophysics (Seismic acquisition and processing)
- Structural, sedimentology turbiditic environment and reservoir geology.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
- Visit: www.careers.total.com, If the page defaults in French Click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click ‘APPLY TO TOTAL’
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference.
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria.
- Select your job preference to view details of the job.
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form.
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details In the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email ONLY
- State of Origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study.
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study
Share This Job
- All application forms must be completed online as we are unable to process paper applications.
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application per position as multiple applications may result in cancellation of the application.