Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Ref no: ABV/OPS/2018/00002
Date of Internship: 4th June 2018
Duration: 6 months
Reports directly: to the HR Officer, and indirectly to the Senior HR Officer
- The HR Intern will be responsible for working with his/her direct line manager and other members of the HR department in order to complete all outstanding employee and job filing, manage the departmental calendar, provide backend HR documentation & data collation support as well as internal customer service & external customer support services.
- Review all job files and ensure that they are all populated by end of assignment
- Review all staff files and ensure that they are populated by end of assignment
- Active calendar management for the HR team
- Provide event management support during clinics, retreats, training sessions & events
- Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as and when needed
- Complete and mail out regret letters to unsuccessful candidates
- Coordinate candidate interviews, physicals, and testing under the direction of the Talent Officer
- Processing of back end HR documentation including but not limited to payment requests, travel requests, etc
- Carry out any other duties as required
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learning goals
- Develop a working knowledge of HR information databases and searchable resources.
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession.
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Read all assigned literature
- Work goals
- Complete all outstanding filing
- Proofread HR documents as required.
- Actively manage the team calendar
- Provide onsite and offsite event management
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science
- Excellent Communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language and any other Nigerian languages
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
- The intern will be entitled to full health insurance
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send not more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements and location to: [email protected]
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.