Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Locations: Ogun, Osun, Ibadan-Oyo, Kwara
- To provide support unit leads in the execution of legal activities in the Company ( Location: Ogun; Osun; Ibadan; Oyo; Kwara)
- Assists in providing professional legal advice on dispute resolution issues and litigations
- Conducts extensive research on the impact of new laws, regulations and legislation that may affect IBEDC and its operations and suggest recommendations
- Assists in documenting the company’s policies and procedures and ensuring that they meet regulatory requirements
- Assists in managing IBEDC’s legal exposure
- Assists in the development and implementation of procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
- Good understanding of corporate laws, securities laws & capital market
- Basic knowledge of the power industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability of conducting legal research
Qualifications and Requirements
- A first degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL)
- A relevant post-graduate degree would be an added advantage
- Membership of any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
- At least 3 years’ experience in a legal function
- At least 1 year experience providing litigation and dispute resolution services in a top-tier law firm or in industry
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page opens, click on “Click here see vacancies” and select “Legal Counsel” to apply accordingly
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.