Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Basic Science Teacher
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Status: Full Time
- The Teacher of Basic Science will plan, prepare and deliver instruction to students in Basic School 7 – 9 (JSS 1-3) in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need in everyday life in relation to Basic Science.
- Above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B. Ed (Integrated/Basic Science) or its equivalent is required.
- Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Basic Science, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role.
- Any other experience relating to Basic Science is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills,
- Good command of English Language,
- Good understanding of adolescent psychology,
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player,
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision,
- Proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word or PDF formats) and scanned Credentials to the “Human Resource Manager” via: [email protected] and CC the “Principal” via: [email protected]
Hard copies of the above-mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,