Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Associate Intern
Job ID: 13-10100
Reports To: Senior Project Officer
- The Project Associate Intern works in close collaboration with the Senior Project Officer, project staff, and project partners on all aspects of project management and implementation.
- S/he provides assists and works on researching, analyzing and interpreting factual data for MSH projects and assist in preparation of technical briefings for officials of Principal Recipient and other organizations. Tracks work plan and budget on project progress against benchmarks.
- The Project Associate, will assist the Senior Project Officer in ensuring that the project functions efficiently, providing oversight to all partner management issues.
- S/he will assist the procurement specialist in Global Fund related procurements; technical commodities, assist in preparing technical specifications, estimate probable cost, identify financial accounts to which purchase is to be charged, participate in request bids or quotations, review responses and assist in preparing summaries and analyses, including recommendation as to best offer Additionally, s/he will assist the Senior Project Officer in assuring that all technical activities under the project are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
Project Management And Partner And Donor Relations
In collaboration with the Senior Project Officer and the in-country team the Project Associate Intern will:
- Assist in engaging partners based on an objective assessment of the partners’ ability to meet skill needs that arise during project implementation.
- Responsible for filing of all activity reports in both soft copies
- Assist in the project’s quality assurance process
- Participate in accessing activity progress to ensure that the partners and local contractors maintain close adherence to work plans and meet designated milestones, deliverables, and benchmarks; and provide technical assistance when needed.
- Support in knowledge management activities, including documentation of success stories, lessons learnt and activity reports.
- Assist in monitoring program implementation and use of resources.
Project Technical Support
In collaboration with the Senior Project Officer and the in-country team, the Project Associate Intern will:
- Document key demand-side barriers to service and work to develop implementation plan to overcome those barriers.
- Support the engagement of experts as needed; develop scopes of work for internal and external consultants and contractors; oversee those scopes of work for quality and timeliness.
- Ability to travel domestically as required to support program activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in International Development, Health Economics, or a health-related field required.
- One year or less of experience in international development and health systems strengthening required; experience in addressing issues relating to pastoralist populations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, stakeholders, and donors.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Training development and facilitation skills.
- Programme management skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online