Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal and Child Health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Measurement and Evaluation Officer
Application Code: M&E Officer-TBTPP
Project: Society for Family Health TB Treatment and Prevention Project
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract – Sixteen (16) months
Type of Contract: Temporary Service Hires
- The M&E Officer will coordinate the development of the M&E tools as well as assure that Primary Health Facility (PHF) providers and other reporting entities are using appropriate and standardized monitoring and evaluation systems (M&E tools and guidelines).
- The M&E officer also ensures that data collected from project facilities are reviewed and documented in all quarterly report to Society for Family Health, HQ and the donor. In addition, the M&E officer will review all M&E reports and discuss content and/or methodologies with PHF providers as required.
- Collate data on project activities and results and assess the quantity and quality of achievements of targets.
- Identify operational gaps in the program and accordingly recommend best ways to address them to improve program efficiency.
- Provide clear guidance for M&E data management processes that will enable systematic collection, collation, processing, analysis, and interpretation and use of data
- Help define a list of core indicators that enables tracking of progress among different interventions and sub-population groups
- Help identify issues for operations research that offer valuable solutions and thereby improve efficiency of the project.
- Describe all key data sources necessary to gather M&E data.
- Establish clear information flow channels between the different implementation levels and stakeholders
- Develop a plan for strengthening the capacity of all PHP involved in the monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Describe the mechanisms for dissemination of critical M & E products amongst stakeholders and the public.
- Review all M&E reports and discuss content and/or methodologies with PHF providers as required
- Make a quarterly report to the Project Manager which summarizes progress against key output indicators at the project level, with discussion of any specific progress issues as need be
- Serve as the principal liaison with relevant state stakeholders on Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Facilitate the regular conduct of data quality audits to verify and authenticate data emanating from the project field activities
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all commodities including consumables on a monthly basis.
- Work with the state team to reconcile delivery schedules and actual delivery on monthly basis.
- Must possess a first degree in a relevant social science subjects.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience
- Must have experience in project monitoring, evaluation and data management
- Manage consortium member relations within the state
- Must possess relevant project management experience
- Must have good knowledge of and experience on relationship building especially managing relationship within a partnership
- Previous experience in a donor funded environment or good knowledge of international donor rules and regulations will be an added advantage
- Must be an analytic and decisive decision maker with strong organisational and planning skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Must be able to multitask and manage program deliverables within agreed budgets and time lines
- Must have very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including a high level of tact and diplomacy, a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate level Microsoft office software applications
- Must be able to supervise and mentor staff and review work papers to ensure they meet internal quality assurance standards
- Demonstrable passion for SFH’s mission; a hands-on manager with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information and materials; a high level of integrity and ethics beyond reproach.
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Application Letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: [email protected]
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address above
- Please note that the subject of your email application should be the “Application Code” of the position being applied for. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.