Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment, care and support, primary health care system strengthening and Maternal and Child Health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in the organisation. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Network Officer
Application Code: Network Officer-TBTPP
Slot: 10 Openings
Project: Society for Family Health TB Treatment and Prevention Project
Duration of Contract: Full time, fixed-term contract – Sixteen (16) months
Type of Contract: Temporary Service Hires
- The Network officer is the principal interphase between the project and Primary Health Practitioners (PHP) on the project and related matters.
- The role of the Network Officers is recognized as pivotal in ensuring the optimal performance of the project and in enhancing the benefits derived by the PHPs.
- The duties of the NO encompass much more than administrative processes. They cover leadership, strategic thinking, operational management, supervision, coordination and relationship building with participating private health providers.
- He/she will manage project relations with PHP, ensuring that the PHP aligns with project expectations and guidelines.
- He/she will liaise between the project and PHP to communicate and coordinate their activities.
- He/she will provide technical or subject matter expertise as may be needed by the PHP.
- In providing face-to-face coordination between PHP and the project, he/she will support the project manager in leading advocacy dialogues with the PHPs within their network.
- Must possess a minimum of a National Diploma or an Ordinary National Diploma (ND/OND or its equivalent)
- Must be literate – able to read and write
- Resident in the intervention LGAs / communities
- Prior experience working on community health extension / intervention
- Not less than 20 years and not more than 50 years
- Availability for at least 16 months
- Demonstrable passion for SFH’s mission; a hands-on manager with the ability to maintain confidentiality of information and materials; a high level of integrity and ethics beyond reproach
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one-page Application Letter (using the position reference as the subject), addressed to the “Director, Human Resources”, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job and current remuneration and send to: [email protected]
- Applicants should send the application, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating current telephone numbers, e-mail address and contact details to the email address above
- Please note that the subject of your email application should be the “Application Code” of the position being applied for. Please include the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements.
- All applications will be treated in confidence. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- This project is subject to securing donor funding and the precise details of timelines and tasks are subject to change prior to project start-up. We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.