Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
- The purpose of this role is to support the country Grants Coordination processes and management.
Dimensions of Role
- Support the Country’s resource mobilization activities.
- Support the Grants Advisor in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of donor funded projects and programs
- Managing donor grants transactions effectively and efficiently and ensure quality reporting
- Support in establishing a grants tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities and to determine progress and make decisions where further action is needed.
- Support proposal development process working with program staff, writing budget narratives, editing proposals, and ensure proper proposal and grant management procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that reports to donors are submitted on time; that reports are coherent and accurate (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Ensure timely set-up of all grants in SAP system and corresponding modifications are effected
- Ensuring that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
- Maintain and update grant files.
- Document and share key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting ground for compliance management
- Draft Funding Approval Document and ensure all Funding Agreement Document (FADs) files are updated on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Technical Expertise, Skills and knowledge
- A degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least three years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.