RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
- The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria to expand and improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial and technical viability of select State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying state, municipal, and utility level governance gains, manifested in improved water supply services, and an improved ability to regulate, manage, and expand sanitation services.
- RTI International is seeking to recruit an Abuja based Data Entry Clerk for the USAID E-WASH activity.
- The Data Entry Clerk will provide short term technical support for documenting outputs from E-WASH state validation exercise across fourteen (14) states.
- This includes reviewing collated validation forms for screening against a quality checklist to ensure completeness.
- Input data variables into the E-WASH validation database outlining summary information for each State.
- Perform additional functions as needed.
Performance Areas: Core, Essential Responsibilities
- Working with the MEL manager, conduct preliminary data quality checks of collated State Validation Assessment Matrix (SVAM) forms to ensure completeness;
- Entering validated data into the SVAM database for all fourteen (14) states capturing information on assessment index values.
- Responsible for archiving state validation documents for easy access and retrieval;
- The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Have at least a B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics or related field with experience with database management;
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive, relevant work experience in data management especially handling data entry tasks for field surveys and assessments;
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, document reviews, transcribing and record keeping is useful.
- Fast typing skills with excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is preferred;
- Experience in handling task entry tasks for multiple states is required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills for reviewing documents.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong data entry skills required with proficient expertise in managing MS Excel databases.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s with current contact information to: [email protected] Submissions should include the position title in the subject heading.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.