brings many global benefits. We believe in long term career development and appreciate how challenges and motivation will help you reach your potential. Nestle Nigeria Plc upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Demand Planner
Job Number: 180006S4
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job: Supply Chain
- As the Demand Planner, you are in charge of developing, maintaining and improving the demand plan for a portfolio of products
- Your demand plans represent the most realistic estimate of customers’ demand.
- A successful Demand Planner also ensures a collaborative planning process in order to align the demand plan with internal partners
- When there are exceptions, the Demand Planner also identifies and manages any exceptions to the plan, while monitoring performance of the plan.
- Continually improving the quality and reliability of the demand plan is topmost for a successful demand planner, as this affects the Company’s ability to sense and respond to changing circumstances on time.
As a successful demand planner, you are also responsible for (but not limited to)
Data and Systems Maintenance:
- Create and maintain the appropriate master data in the planning systems.
Collation of Information and Assumptions:
- Ensure commitment from all functions, build and maintain good communication and collaboration both within Supply Chain and with Sales and Marketing, Manufacturing and Finance, according to Business Planning best practices.
Developing and Maintaining Forecast:
- Use appropriate statistical models and parameters to generate accurate demand forecasts.
- Focus on and deliver a stable demand plan, but taking into account recent events, along with achievement of Demand Plan Accuracy (DPA), controlled variability of accuracy and no systematic bias.
Tracking and Managing Demand:
- Actively follow-up actual sales to customers and sell-out (POS) data to identify exceptional or unplanned activities.
- Drive fast, appropriate actions to minimize the impact of deviations from the Demand Plan. Communicate these actions to stakeholders.
Measuring and Tracking of Performance:
- Consistently improve Demand Plan Accuracy (DPA accuracy level and variability) using the Forecast Value Added (FVA) concept, and drive out systematic forecast bias through detailed analyses of past performance. Track errors and maintain an efficient Learning Log.
- Implement improvements to Demand and Supply Planning processes and tools to deliver tangible benefits (e.g. time savings, increased efficiencies).
If you fit the profile above, you should also have:
- Two years’ of relevant operational experience in at least one of the following areas- Sales, Customer Service, Supply Planning, Marketing, Finance (Business Planning / Dynamic Forecasting)
- Finance or Business related Degree (minimum Second class/ Lower Credit)
- 2 to 4 years relevant (demand planning) experience in FMCG environment.
- Expert Level proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel
- Relevant certification is an additional advantage
- Meticulous and analytical approach to data
- Good interpersonal skill
- Good Facilitation Skills
- Good communication skills
- Be innovative and proactive
- Be assertive, courageous, and persistent.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Nestle Nigeria Plc. upholds the principle of Non- Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunities in its recruitment processes. We do not request for funds from candidates in our recruitment process.